Thursday, October 1, 2009

Science Technology...

I chose the topic of science technology because those are my strong areas and what I love to do. Ive always liked science all my life as well as technology. When they correlate to make one topic it is perfect for me. An example of how i enjoy these topics is my senior exhibition project of growing hydroponic tomatoes. Hydroponics is a method of growing plants without soil. I am also doing mine in an artificial environment with absolutely no natural sunlight, so i have to provide an environment using technology and science to ensure proper growth of my plants. There are all different types of equipment developed especially for this type of gardening, and the technology just keeps getting more and more advanced as scientists research how they work. here is a picture of my tomatoes currently.

I started looking at news sites like CNN and New York Times to see what i could find about my topic. I found some interesting articles and videos including one about a solar city and one about how a farmer uses cow manure to power his farm, saving him up to 200,000 dollars a year!

1 comment:

  1. Dylan: This is a start and a good idea, but you need to keep reading about your topic and finding articles.

    As you read, look to see trends and or connections you can make between the different articles you read. That's what I'm going to be looking for in your blog.

    ReplyDelete